Moe Abugan: Reverse Job Posting
I'm a professional creative: a collateral designer & program builder with a thoughtful, people-based approach.
I am looking to settle into a full-time creative and project management role with a mission-driven organization, and to grow my strengths as a strategist, arranger, and relator.
I spent the last few years earning my Master's in Leadership Studies and co-developing and integrating a campus-wide suicide prevention program (funded by a two-year SAMHSA grant) at the University of San Diego. Hire me!
I love transforming good ideas into great work.
I'm quick to prototype and make revisions. I'm always strategizing, sorting through clutter, and thinking up alternatives and leads to fulfill my work - whether I am designing an executive report to advocate for a nonprofit's work or leading a systems change within my team.
I flourish in leadership teams.
I work hard, and I love working with other hard workers. I have a knack for recognizing people's talents, skills, and knowledge and can often tell how very different people will be able to work together.
I'm a quick learner, and I enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
I spend a lot of my free time piloting new applications/integrations/software that may help my team and me do our work more efficiently and effectively. I'm also quite careful to see that my work is legible for those who may/will come after me.
I strive for my work to be as easy-to-receive as possible.
My design style aims to be clean, simple, and user-friendly. I value and welcome constructive, specific feedback about my work.
Creative and Design
- Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Premiere
- Website management - Wordpress, Squarespace, HTML/CSS
- Project and team management - Slack
- E-publications - Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Vertical Response
- Social media management - Hootsuite, Facebook Pages, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat geofilters
- Technical writing - developing & adhering to style and branding guides
- Google - Mail, Calendar, Drive (Docs, Sheets, Forms)
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
A mission-driven & data-driven organization, full of diverse, compassionate, and hardworking people
Opportunity to create top-notch collateral and manage/build creative projects
Greater San Diego region
I currently live in Poway.
Job Wishlist (Nice-to-haves, but not must-haves)
- Stable organization with steady funding
- Collaborative, collectivist culture - people are open to bouncing ideas & relying on one another
- Salary transparency within organization and during hiring process
- Dog-friendly environment - please meet Isa (I am her emotional support human!)
As someone who was born, raised, and educated in San Diego, I am deeply invested in contributing my creative and organizational skill sets with local community-based groups!
Currently I serve in the following roles:
- Organizational Director - Kuya Ate Mentorship Program (KAMP)
- Co-founder/Assistant Director - Artists Building Community Project
- Urban Leadership Fellow - RISE San Diego
- Owner/Designer - Create Fam Studio